Using CRM nowadays has been a vital component of the daily operations of an organization. Nonprofits and NGOs are no exception. However, they were partially left out by the major service providers since most of the existing CRMs did not have the necessary scope of functionality to cover their organizational needs. As the world becomes more mobile, it’s more important than ever for nonprofit organizations to have the tools they need to manage their operations from anywhere. That’s where CiviMobile comes in. People who are involved in the activities of non-governmental and nonprofit organizations tend to spend a lot of their time outside their offices. This is due to the nature of their activity: they attend a meeting with volunteers, donors, workshops, perform social work, etc. For this reason, having remote access to the necessary data is a must.
For those unfamiliar with CiviCRM, it is an open-source CRM platform designed specifically for nonprofit organizations. CiviCRM provides a range of features and functionalities that allow nonprofits to manage their contacts, donations, events, memberships, campaigns, and more.
CiviMobile complements CiviCRM by providing a mobile app that allows users to access their CiviCRM data anytime, anywhere. The app is available for both iOS and Android devices and can be downloaded for free from the App Store or Google Play.
The application allows users to stay connected with their constituents while they are on the go. Users can access their contact data, including names, addresses, emails, and phone numbers, from their mobile devices. They can also view contact history, including interactions, contributions, etc.
The main functionality of CiviMobile includes:
- Managing events and registrations from anywhere: Users can view event details, register attendees, and check attendees from their mobile devices. It also allows the management of event-related communications, such as sending confirmation emails or follow-up surveys.
- Managing campaigns and donations on the go: Users can track their fundraising progress, view donor information, and manage contributions from their mobile devices.
- Customization: allowing users to tailor the app to their specific needs. Users can choose which data they want to sync to their mobile device, customize their dashboard, and create their own filters and views.
- View contacts: you can view and search for contacts in your CiviCRM database. You can see their contact information, membership status, and more.
- Record interactions: If you’re meeting with a contact and want to record notes about the conversation, you can do that directly in CiviMobile.
- Manage activities: CiviMobile allows you to view and manage your calendar of activities, including events, meetings, and tasks. You can also create new activities directly from the app.
- Access reports: CiviMobile lets you access a variety of reports from your CiviCRM.
- Localization: the availability of the language grows along with the number of users of the application, therefore, today it has been translated into English, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Ukrainian, Polish, Hungarian, German,
As of today, there have been released 6 versions of CiviMobile. In addition to technical enhancements, every update comes with additional features based on the user’s experience with the CRM, as CiviMobile can be customized according to the client’s needs.
Who are the target users of CiviMobile?
CiviMobile is a native mobile application for CiviCRM users. Its goal is to allow access to all CiviCRM features on the go. The application focuses on non-profit and non-governmental organizations, sports clubs and political parties, and more.
The following are the main purposes for using CiviCRM and CiviMobile:
- Membership management
For many non-profit organizations across the globe having all members listed and grouped is vital. Managing large numbers of people within an organization can be a hurdle when it comes to contacting and updating them regularly based on the organization’s activity.
- Questionnaires and petitioning
Depending on the area of activity, organizations carry out surveys, create petitions, etc. to get to know public opinions on an issue. Having all data stored, processed, and filtered according to their purpose is also a must for organizations.
- Organization administration
Since multiple organizations or clubs have a certain hierarchy, they need to have all roles and responsibilities defined and structured. Therefore, the administration process is simpler and allows reducing the time spend on meetings. A task is simply assigned to a person based on their scope of duties and role within an organization.
- Event management
Events organized by an organization, club, or any other establishment require a lot of effort as they usually handle multiple components: ticket booking, locations, participants, etc. Having all the features in one place simplifies the management process and allows organizers to focus on other, more time-consuming activities.
Non-profit organizations and charities have thousands of donors and volunteers who raise funds for different causes depending on the nature of their job. These organizations face multiple challenges when it comes to managing all information about their donors, donations, and activities they’re keen to participate in. Moreover, they must provide constant updates on their performance and report on how the funds are used, as well as what new prospects organizations are looking forward to.
Non-profit and non-governmental organizations are among those that did not have much attention when it comes to software. From internal operations to organization activities and membership management, there has been a lot going on in terms of how to cover everything and make it work.
With the CiviCRM and CiviMobile at their disposal, a few challenges can be overcome. Be that an in-office job or an outside assignment, it is vital to have a reliable solution that covers all the bases.